2018 Year End Review
2018 was an interesting and exciting year. For the most part, it was a continuation of what I had started in 2017. I wanted to reflect on various milestones and accomplishments that I achieved, and take a look at 2019.
- I completed my first year of working remotely. It has been a challenging and eye opening experience.
- I completed my first year living in Vancouver, Canada. Such a beautiful city that I’m still exploring and learning more about.
- I made a very minor contribution to Acing AI. Hoping to do more in 2019.
Talks and Meet Ups
- Joined and started contributing to the Vancouver School of AI meetup.
- Gave a talk introducing Data Science Tools, Conda and Jupyter Notebooks and walked the audience through installing these tools.
- Gave a talk with a friend walking people through deploying a demo NLP web app.
I continued the AI journey I started in 2017 with Udacity’s Deep Learning Nanodegree program.
- Completed Udacity’s Artificial Intelligence Nanodegree
- Got introduced to Reinforcement Learning via Siraj’s Move 37 course
- Started working on DataQuest’s Data Science Path
- Complete DataQuest’s Data Science Path
- Complete DataQuest’s Data Engineering Path
- Build data products and intelligent applications. The more practice, the better!
- Participate in Kaggle competitions
- Explore beautiful Vancouver, Canada
- Continue to collaborate with Acing AI editor, Vimarsh and contribute to Vancouver School of AI meetup by building more content, tutorials focused on Data Science tools, building and deploying applications, etc.
- Regularly attend meet ups like Learn Data Science meetup
- Blog about and share my journey into this fascinating world of Data Science and AI.